Yoga reaches the athlete in all of us by improving balance, flexibility, power and stamina which can result in improved performance.
Only Body By Nii offers the inimitable yoga. This effective class integrates movement, strength and breath work to help athletes excel, no matter their sport or ability level. A sequential routine with specific Yoga poses; we have designed this class for athletes and those of us whose flexibility may be challenged, but it is challenging enough even for the most flexible among us to reap its benefits. And it’s not just for athletes, yoga reaches the athlete in all of us by improving balance, flexibility, power and stamina which can result in improved performance, injury reduction and faster recovery for everyone and athletes of all levels. Plain and simple, set to mellow modern tunes, it’s good for you.
- The greatest gains were in shoulder and trunk flexibility.
- When practiced correctly, nearly all poses build core strength in the deep abdominal muscles.
- With a stronger core, you're more likely to sit and stand "tall."
- Stimulates the relaxation response -- the opposite of the fight-or-flight adrenaline boost of the stress response.
- Even beginners tend to feel less stressed and more relaxed after their first class.
- Some studies have suggested that yoga may have a positive effect on learning and memory.
- Yoga benefits other chronic medical conditions, relieving symptoms of asthma, back pain, and arthritis.
Even though for most healthy people yoga is a safe non-aerobic form of exercise, it is not without its risks. According to the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the yoga injuries most commonly treated in emergency rooms involve overstretching and strain from repetition.